Monday, January 2, 2012

What's Next?

What's next?  Guess that's the big question that floats above us sort of like a cartoon with the bubble above it...everyone (including ourselves) sees this invisible bubble and wonder when the cartoon will be added to with a new bubble that says .......this is it! These last four months of being in God's waiting room has been a great gift to us to reenergize us physically, mentally and spiritually, reacquaint us with each other, our families and mostly being still before Him.  After running a "marathan" of activities for nearly five years at full pace, we stopped abruptly and for the first month, I couldn't adjust to the change of pace.  Slowly my brain wrapped itself around some normalcy that others experience.  It took me awhile to enjoy this gift of time and rest without feeling guilty.

It seems like God always prepares both of us for what is next and just maybe He's doing that again; although I don't pretend to know His ways because mostly they are not what I expect.  I do look back at previous experiences and before J was called to plant Crosspoint, He was preparing our hearts in unison to love those who may have lost their way or may not have ever experienced His grace.  The call to plant was not one of anguish, as He had planted His seed of love and passion within us and those seeds still continue today because of His work.

On New Year's Day, God's word spoke especially to my heart in so many different ways.  Be still before the Lord and WAIT PATIENTLY for Him - Psalms 37: 7.   I WAITED PATIENTLY for the Lord and He lifted me out of the slimy pit - Psalms 40: 1.     But the verse that spoke mostly to my heart and the one that I claim for my "mission" this year is Psalms 41:1 - "Blessed are those who have regard for the weak!"  That speaks volumes to my heart as there are so many weak people in our world.  The needs are so great and how can we impact them with God's love?  I am not a person of great means but I have other gifts to offer and so I will as I look around this world and see how one person can make a difference. One of my closest friends lives out this verse as she cares for God's magnificent creatures who are weak and not able to defend themselves.   My prayer is that God will help me to dream big, look to Him for His resources and be a part of His Work around me.  My greatest desire is to be used by Him and bring Him glory.  What's next?  Only He knows...

No comments: